Healthy Moong Dal Ka Shorba Recipe
Dal is a stable diet in North India, here is a mouth-watering Shorba recipe with prepared with moong dal. The addition of of various spices makes it more delicious and wholesome. This dish is an ideal option for weekdays lunch or dinner and tastes best with hot rice. Try this recipe at your home.
- 3/4 cupYellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 cupFinely chopped onions
- 1/2 cupChopped tomatoes
- 1Slit green chili
- 1 tspChili powder
- 1/2 tspChopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/2 tspTurmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tspGaram masala
- Saltto taste
- 1 tbspGhee
- 1 tbspFinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
For The Garnish
- a sprigof coriander (dhania)
- Clean, wash and soak the yellow moong dal for 30 minutes and then drain the water from it.
- In a pressure cooker, add the dal, onions, tomatoes, green chili, chili powder, ginger, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and 2 cups of water, mix it well and cook for25 and once done, switch off the flame and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep kadhai, add the garlic and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked moong-dal mixture and 1 cup of water, mix well by using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add more 1 cup of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes and stir occasionally with the help of a whisk.
- Once switch off the flame and garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve it with hot rice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- KFC Veg Rice Bowl Recipe
- Crispy South Indian Medu Vada Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Marathi Dish - Vada Pav Recipe
- Onion and Karela Sabji Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe